Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vacation Blogging

I am so behind with my blogging, but I do not want to go out of sequence either, so I have to do the last 3 days real quick to get to today. Blogging on vacation has a few stumbling stones in the path to success like internet access, charged laptop, loading photos from the camera onto the computer, converting them and then uploading them. The photo part is the hardest actually, since formatting the photos in Blogger is a complete nightmare. I have to think of a different approach to make this whole process more stream lined. I got a little discouraged, because it appeared as if there are not that many people reading the blog, but I installed a widget and to my surprise, there are actually more readers, just that almost nobody leaves a comment on the blog. Thank you Readers :) I am enthused now to keep going.

Cheerfulness is not the escape from sadness, but rather the victory over it! Gorch Fock

We are all taking a break from the beach, we have been beach combing, bathing in the waves, biking, flying a stunt kite, constructing a sand fortification around our “Strandkorb’ (if you don’t know what that is, you will learn tomorrow). Anyway, it has been enough burning sun for the day, we already have some sun damage and so we retreated into our wonderful apartment, kids playing with their 2 webkinz travel companions and my mom on the couch asleep. This is a welcome break for me, traveling and trying to keep the peace with everybody is really hard. My mother, who has lived alone almost all her life, is not an easy person, she has some strange passive aggressiveness, but has no clue that she does. Anything that does not go her way is treated with pouting silence - sheeze, it is hard enough to deal with a moody inattentive and sensory malfunctioning Aspie children. This all puts me in a very strange mood, alternating between elated happiness to be here at one of the best places in the world and the wish for somebody to shoot me. The good thing: as soon as we are on the beach, everybody is HAPPY!

2 comments:

  1. No no! No shooting! then what would I have to read?! sorry, you know I'm more of a lurker rather than an active participant through comments. but maybe I can rectify that... I thought the internet access was taken care of by a nice little cell phone gadget for the laptop? or maybe you're just such at lands' end that there is not even cell phone coverage for you up there. give us some pictures of what it looks like late at night, I miss the midnight sun!!!

    Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I comment but never got an answer :(

    Wish you a nice time at Amrum!

    Greetings, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete