Saturday, July 4, 2009

Visiting my aunt













My mother's oldest brother, married into a kind of aristocratic agricultural family in Lower Saxony and they lived on a big estate where I visited every now and then as a child. I had not been since my uncle died 22 years ago. Strangely, it was all the same, nothing had changed at all, it was like I had just been there. It was a bit an odd visit, my family is getting older and people that live alone are definitely getting stranger, I notice it in my mother too. Of course they don't notice themselves and with pride and stubborness thrown in, it can make things a bit difficult at times. I don't want to go into details right here, so just some pictures (only a few, because we were not really allowed to go outside unsupervised).





No comments:

Post a Comment